Loas


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
December 7th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LaosLaosLaos

I like to ride my bicycle (especially in a place as pretty as this!)
Laos 29/09/09-07/10/09

We flew from Siem Reap to Vientiane on Tuesday. Did nothing in Vientiane except treat ourselves to a steak dinner. There was a festival of some sort on - celebrating the end of the rainy season or something but just a load of stalls really.

Got a bus to Vang Vieng on Wednesday, Barry had recommended accommodation owned by an irish guy to stay at but there was no room there, so stayed in a hut by the river instead - grand spot with a mattress on the floor, mossie net, toilet and shower, but best of all had to be the hammock! We headed back to the irish guys place and ended up meeting two jackeens - alan and keith- and heading out for our first night out in Vang Vieng. Also introduced to the lethal bucket! Good night out had by all, went to sunset late bar and arrived home early in the morning minus our flipflops!

Went tubing the next day with Keith and a few others we met the night before. Had a few beers and good craic, swinging into the river and playing mud volleyball. Not much floating down the river
Vang ViengVang ViengVang Vieng

Tubing in Vang Vieng...........can be dangerous
as the bars were really close together. That night we got grub and headed to the irish bar for a while, young 24yr old lad owned the pub there with his laos girlfriend. Another night out.

Fri myself and k managed to get up, rent bikes and take a cycle out the country to a blue lagoon and caves. Beautiful countryside there, lush green fields and hills. The caves were humungous and the lagoon just what we needed, very pretty part of the world. Bet you can guess what we did for our last night in Vang Vieng, yes we were once again last to leave Sunset bar.

Sat we moved on to Luang Prabang, a bit of a hell journey, 7hrs on a bendy hilly road. Survived though and a chill axed evening. Luang Prabang turned out to be a nice spot, very easy going, suited us fine. We spent the next few days here, visiting temples and catching beautiful sunsets, eating nice grub and doing a mahout full elephant experience. Possibly one of our favourite spots so far. On to Thailand tomorrow wed the 7th.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Vang ViengVang Vieng
Vang Vieng

Having a few suds with the dubs
vang Viengvang Vieng
vang Vieng

A real blue swimming lagoon
Luang ProbangLuang Probang
Luang Probang

Sunset moment. Nice.
Elephant experienceElephant experience
Elephant experience

Getting his own back
River through the jungle to get to ThailandRiver through the jungle to get to Thailand
River through the jungle to get to Thailand

Speed boat to thailand, safety first


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb