A few days of nothingness


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » East » Sam Neua
June 14th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had decided on Sam Neau as our guidebook told us it was a worthwhile little picturesque place to stop by on the way to the Vietnam border. The surrounding mountains and paddy fields were in fact quite beautiful, but everywhere you look there is some kind of construction going on. I’m sure for the people who live there it’s a good thing but scaffolding and piles of sand and rubble everywhere aren't very pretty to look at.

We walked around town to find a guesthouse and eventually settled on the first place we saw. We spent some time online before grabbing some dinner at what seemed to be the only restaurant in town.

We were tired from the long bus journey and so slept in the next morning. We wanted to visit near by Vieng Xay where there are some interesting caves to visit so we got up and walked around 3km to the bus station. We got there around 10.30am and they bus station guy told us the next bus would be along at 11.30am. So we sat for an hour with the locals crowding around to watch us while we read our guidebook. 11.30am came and went and the bus station guy reappeared and told us the next bus wasn’t until 2.30pm. Grrr. So we walked back to town, had lunch and took a walk around the market which wasn’t that great. We spent the rest of the day napping and blogging.

Next morning we made our way with our backpacks to the bus station (this time in a tuk-tuk) and took the bus to Vieng Xay.

Deb & ang



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb