Goodbye snow... Hello Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
December 21st 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.6895, 139.692

First thing we had to catch a bus to Nagano so we could catch the fast train to Tokyo.
Well we paid for the tickets and waited. There where so many people.
Well with all the confusion and tiredness ...
the bus left with out us....
So we got a refund on the tickets and called a taxi and off we went.
It was faster.... but more expensive.
There was so much snow and the sun was rising and it was cloudy.
It was like a fairytale.
We arrived in Nagano Train station. Bought the tickets for the Shenkensen and like clock work the train arrived and off we went. It took 3 hours to get to Tokyo.
Toyko... AAAHHHH... There where train lines everywhere. So many lines, colours.... it was crazy.
Serena and Luca figured out which line we had to catch and then buy the tickets.
So Clean.
Checked into the hotel and off we went.
Shopped around the city streets. People everywhere but it was so clean.
Everything was new and shinny. There was an old building and it looked like it was just left behind.
We found an interesting drink called "Second Flush". We where a little puzzled.
Found UniGlo and H&M. Did some serious shopping. Serena found shoes that fit.

Dinner.
The boys wanted to eat fish and we girls don't like fish. So the boys went to one place and we girls went to another.
We had a fantastic time. The food was fantastic and they treated us like movie stars.
They gave us so much free stuff and made us feel so special.
We where the only westerners there. The boys came and joined us after.
We had a great shaven ice - ice cream and fruit dessert. It looked like Pikachue.
They gave us miso, business cards for discounts and stickers to takeaway.
Serena had a blast. We laughed the whole time.
Fantastic introduction to Tokyo.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb