Missy's Birthday & World Cup Game (Japan vs. Croatia)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 18th 2006
Published: July 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Here are some pictures from a few fun things we did towards the end of June....

The first couple of pictures are from our friend Missy's birthday party. Her actual birthday was June 8th, but we didn't all get together until almost a week later, on June 14th. We all celebrated with dinner at Monsoon's, a really delicious restaurant right by the Disney parks, and then finished off the evening with gelato. We went to a great place where they have many new and unique flavors everyday, including caramel yogurt, tiramisu, and even BEER!! All in all, a great night with great friends!

The next set of pictures is from when Japan was playing in the World Cup games. Larry and I were all excited to go out and watch the games here, and also wanted to show our support for Japan, and so we decided to run out at the last minute and find "Japan soccer shirts" before meeting with our friends at Planet Hollywood. As you can see we both were successful in finding them, however, because we were pressed for time we ended up spending a little more on them than we had thought we should. Larry's shirt was nearly 4,000 yen (or about $40 US), which is a little silly for a t-shirt, but in the end totally worth it! (Especially when a group of Japanese people outside of 7-11 laughed at our attire as we were riding our bikes home after the game)!!

Talk to you all soon!
Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: "sakka o shimas" - "I play soccer"


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb