A Short Visit to New York...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
June 21st 2006
Published: July 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On June 21st, Larry and I headed to Narita Airport to fly home to NYC for about a week for his brother Terry's wedding. I was able to leave because, luckily, I was on a two-week vacation due to renovations of the theatre that my show takes place. Larry had to get work a few 7-day weeks to get the time off, but after our short visit, we both knew that it was a trip well worth our time - Not only for the beautiful wedding that we got to attend, but also to be able to see some of our friends and family.

On our second night in New York, we decided it would be fun to go out with a bunch of our friends to the restaurant Larry used to work in - the oh-so-popular Angelo & Maxi's Steakhouse! This night we had about 12 friends that joined us, including one of my Japanese coworkers from my show here, Rina. Rina was visiting New York City with her sister over this time as well, and wanted to meet some of our friends and try some famous NY meat!! We also got to see and visit with our old roommate Zeb and his girlfriend Ayana, old college friends Nancy, Scott and Harold, and our good friends Allie and Brenda, just to name a few... All in all, we had a great night!

One day later was the wedding, but we'll have a whole other separate blog for that one! I will just say now though, that it was an incredibly beautiful wedding....and we both hope our wedding comes out just as perfect as Terry & Lisa's did!

The morning after the wedding, we had one more big gathering with some of our friends....this time at Dos Caminos, the Mexican restaurant where Melanie used to tend bar. Once again, we had a nice little visit here over guacamole and frozen margaritas. In attendance were: some more college friends Brittany and Cal, Larry's best friend Bryan, the Love-Matcher Jenny, and some of Larry's old coworkers Ken and Victoria.

On our last day in New York, we decided to take Larry's dad fishing...kind of like a belated Father's Day present. We took a chartered boat out of Mattituck, Long Island called Captain Bob's, and we all had a great time! Melanie even caught her first fish and won a "Captain Bob's trucker hat"!! Larry won two prizes though....a Captain Bob's t-shirt and a coupon to come back again for a free fishing trip, which was given to his dad. At the end of the day, we all smelled like fish, but got to have an amazing dinner of fluke and porgies which we had caught that morning! Delicious, or "Oh-shi" as the Japanese say!!

All in all, a wonderful trip...but next time it's Michigan!

Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: "Anata ni ai ni kimas" - I'll come and visit you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th July 2006

I missed NEWYORK!!!
Oh my goodness! There are a lot of fun and so diffrent environment between TOKYO's suburb and American's suburb. I envy you. Prime Minister Koizumi, do something!! These pictures look like a suburb from manhattan?? Mr,LaOOy told me,"I am crappy golfer" He something hides me that he is good golfer!! I will look forward to play golf with you on this wednesday in Hakone.

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb