Tokyo Japan (Day Nine)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
May 25th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The time has finally come that we must say farewell to the gorgeous city of Tokyo. As we packed up all our goodies, we checked out of the hotel and left all our stuff there and walked around the vicinity as we awaited for the bus to take us to the airport. As we had ample time to kill, we opted to first grab a bite to eat so we hit the subway nearby. I had a good and bad experience there. The good was they had fries, well potato wedges. The bad was they are very stingy when it comes to your helping. I ordered an egg salad sub and I got four teeny scoops, thus it was more like a bread sandwich. Guess I’m used to the good ole US and the big scoops.
Next stop was Pokémon Center, as Shawn found it the day before, so we headed over there for Steve and I to sneak a peek. Once we got there we came to the rationalization that that place is worse than Chuckey Cheese. After grabbing a few pics and seeing what Shawn bought the day before we took off like a bat outta hell. Strolled by the Nintendo DS download center which was adjacent to the store, then hit 7-11 on the way out (needed some melon soda for the road). As we slowly made our way back to the hotel as we still had some time to kill, we stumbled upon a small little park, Giardino All’ Italiana. Inside were small Italian statutes and a garden. We got back to the hotel and sat in the lobby for a while, then headed downstairs to meet up with the bus. Hopped on the bus, which stopped at two other hotels and off to the airport we went. Along the bus ride we got to see the Tokyo Disney castle, a huge ferris wheel, some great architectural buildings and some neat bridges.
Upon arrival at the airport things went pretty smoothly and we didn’t have too long of a wait until our departure. The long flight home seemed to take forever, probably because I didn’t wanna go home. Once we landed in Dallas, which has a mess of an airport, it was extremely hot and things were back to normal with all the rude Americans. I was extremely glad to get back on the plane and head home to good ole Orlando.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Giardino All' ItalianaGiardino All' Italiana
Giardino All' Italiana

steve wandering in the garden
Giardino All' ItalianaGiardino All' Italiana
Giardino All' Italiana

shawn in the garden
Park Hotel TokyoPark Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo

screwing around in the lobby
Park Hotel TokyoPark Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo

next to the hotel sign waiting on the bus
Bus RideBus Ride
Bus Ride

DONK! dunno what it is but sign just was funny and logo was kool
Bus RideBus Ride
Bus Ride

misc shots from the bus
Bus RideBus Ride
Bus Ride

misc shots from the bus
Bus RideBus Ride
Bus Ride

misc shots from the bus


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb