Shinjuku and roppongi magic


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
March 16th 2010
Published: March 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

With over 2 weeks in Tokyo, I was able to have a really thorough look around. One of my favourite spots was definitely Shibuya as it had the world famous crossing where people cross from all directions at the same time. Aditionally just a bit further into the town, the notorious dogenzaka street is home to all the love hotels in the area. Once you walk around you see how spoilt for choice you really are!! These hotels were expensive to say the least starting at 3000 yen for a 2 hour "Rest" stay. It is also possible to stay overnight but I didn't check these out. In shibuya there is the famous 109 brand shop were teen fashion is all the rage. The stores are crammed full with young girls especially at the weekend! Additionally Roppongi the clubbing and shopping capital of Tokyo is only about 30 minutes walk away! Even if you do make it here, its possible that you won't be able to afford anything in the Roppongi hills shopping area as its aimed at the very top end of the market! Rich men and women can be seen all around, however as with this type of clientel the waterfeatures and lighting simply take ur breath away! If shopping is not ur cup of tea, one may head into Roppongi centre in the evening to check out the night clubs!! Again expensive to enter and buy drinks at 2000 - 3000 yen entry (14 - 21 pounds) and half that price for drinks it makes u wonder if its worth it at all!! That said clubbing isn't really all the rage it is in the UK and hence I guess they would HAVE to charge such prices! Next im back in Japan I WILL have a night out!

Advertisement



24th March 2010

Hakan, I really enjoyed your Japan post. I have always wanted to go there. My blog is looking for some good travel photos. If you have any to share email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com. Continued fun on your travels, Heather

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb