Tokyo love


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
March 16th 2010
Published: March 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Where can one start with a city like Tokyo! So many varied prefectures, from the quiet old style Japan in Asakusa, to the lively clubbing central in Roppongi and the shopping districts in Shibuya and Shinjuku!!! My first few days were spent in Asakusa which has the Kamiramon gate as its famous landmark. Apart from this and the market, there isn't that much to do here apart from walk around the safe streets at anytime be it day or night!

The first few days after basing myself in Tokyo I headed off to Ginza where they had the sony showroom which displayed all the latest Sony gadgets! There is also the Tsukiju fish market with Tuna being auctioned which were a good 4 foot long!! After about 8am the fish market was already cleared where I headed around Ginza to the hamarikyu gardens and a smaller garden which was even better than hamarikyu! We also attended a showing in Kabukiza with a story about an young couple who lose touch with eachother as the lead character moves away to Kyoto to fight with the army. They later get reunited as an old couple and have a cuddle to conclude the happy ending.

The next day was a visit to Akihabara with Lisa and Yoshi where we headed to a maid cafe where we ate Ice cream and had our photos taken with the maids!! They did a dance and we left with a hole in our wallets! After this we went to a local arcade and took one of many Purikura photos!! At only 2 quid these were a bargain!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb