RED ALERT


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Asakusa
November 21st 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Very early wake up 3:30am. Tokyo time. Coast shuttle took us to airport. First portion 2 and half hours to Vancouver, had a 3 hour wait until next flight. No too bad you would think but at the last minute our plane failed a safety check and we had to wait for a new one, had a $10 meal ticket, starving!! Had Chinese food and read, trying to stay occupied. When we eventually got on to the plane takeoff was delayed due to a Red Alert, ground staff sent away and flights halted for fear of being hit by lightning. Took off 20 mins later and flight was long but pretty smooth, although Laura was less than comfortable I could tell!! 2 nice meals and a few films later we arrived. Did the ott security at the airport.
With strict instructions we head for our hostel, (K's House) it was about 10 at night due to the delay. Jumped on a tube to Aoto Station, then took metro to Kuramae. Looked confused clearly as some chap helped us. Absolutely no English around. Short walk to hostel, put in a pin for our key as check in was so late. Got to bed and fire alarm went off around 10 times. At one point someone knocked the door, I answered in my pants and an employee and 6 firemen with all their gear on were stood there, thought I had set off the alarm, they said a few Japanese things I didn't understand then went, pretty hilarious in reflection!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb