Good Fortune


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Asakusa
November 22nd 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up early to a pretty gloomy day, but eager to explore. We went to the 7/11 to buy breakfast and had no clue why anything was. I had a pot of noodles and Laura had a ready made peanut butter sandwich, looked like pop tarts!! Also had what I thought was a bun but was actually a custard roll thing. Not good for dipping!!
Head out to Asakusa to find a cheap phrase book, more complicated than it's sounds so we gave in. We then went to Sensoji Temple and Asakusa park. All sorts going on, one thing being a cylinder of sticks with a symbol on, you pick one then match the symbol to one on a wall of drawers, pull out your corresponding drawer to find out your fortune!!!! Mine was good, Laura's BAD!!!! She had to fold it up and tie it to this metal pole, mine was good so I could take it home. After this we spotted a monkey show where they were doing tricks and stuff, really cool!
Went to have food with no idea what we were ordering, turned out good, I had shellfish and Laura beef, she thinks!!!
Head back to the hostel to write a few words out, then early night, think the jetlag got us!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb