Mount Fuji 10/08-11/08


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka » Mt Fuji
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
"You are a wise man if you climb Mnt Fuji, but you are a fool if you climb it twice"

as the Japanese saying goes i have to agree with that. Me my two brothers (sjoerd and David), my father (peter) and my neighbor (David) started at 4 AM in the afternoon in shibuya the fuji climb by eating loads of Ramen. Around 5PM we left shinjuku (tokyo) and drove by bus to the mnt Fuji region, the bus dropped us at the 5th station. After some stretching, some coffee, and etc we started at 9 pm our wise man climb. The idea was to climb straigth on through the nigth and arrive around 3 AM in the night at the top, just before sunrise. probaly because of the loads of ramen, we went so fast that we decided to stay for an hour on the 9th station at 3200 meter heigth for some coffee and chilling (chilling of the cold breeze). At 1 in the nigth we went just like 1000 of other climbers to the top of mount Fuji at a heigth of 3776 meter. We arrived around 2:30 on the top, found ourself a nice spot to.....yes cook some dinner and make tea. We brougth our own gas burner and made ourself a delicious dinner. It was freezing cold at the top and after some time we overdressed ourself by using our extra socks as handgloves and our picknick carpet as windshield.....it was sooooo cold and hard...but around 4:30 in the morning the sunrise started. This made us truly speechless, the view was amazing and when the sun hit our faces we warmed up of joy, ecxitement and hapiness. Despite the fact that the top was so crowded that it could be the yamanote line during rushhour the experience was amazing for one just one time!!!! Going down was hard, but we did it, we climbed the heighest mountain in Japan....and i loved it.....hell Yeah!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

cooking noodles on the topcooking noodles on the top
cooking noodles on the top

we took our gasburner and some curry + noodles and made ourself a delicious dinner


28th August 2008

RESPECT!
WOW! Wat een mooie klim! Kan me niet voorstellen hoe mooi zonsopkomst vanaf daar moet zijn, maar kan me wel voorstellen dat het zeker de moeite waard is geweest! Hoop je snel weer eens te zien kerel! gr, Sandor

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb