Osaka-jo and Tennoji-Koen


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
April 20th 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

OsakaOsakaOsaka

Osaka-jo with moat around it.
We had a busy day. After picking up coffee from Starbucks we got on a train to go to Osaka-jo. We got off a few stops early, but realized our mistake quickly, and got back on. We found the castle quickly and walked up the long way -- through the gardens and moats. We got to the top right at 9am, and there were a TON of students there. We went inside and got to go to the top and look out over Osaka. Very cool. The other floors had a lot of history of the castle and time period. One had these windows you looked in and they had holograms! (I think). The moving video of people were projected into these 3-D models/scenes. So awesome to watch.

Afterwards we went to Tonnoji-Koen. On the way to the park we passed a bakery and picked up some pasteries to share. They were excellent, and a tasty treat. The park was really nice and Keitakuen Garden was very tranquil and relaxing. We had lunch at a restaurant in the park. We got tempura shrimp on rice with an egg on top (it was kind of fried), miso soup, and tea. As
OsakaOsakaOsaka

View of Osaka from the top of the castle.
well as a beer. It was warm out, so the beer tasted gooooood. In the afternoon we came back to the hotel and I napped. oops.

Lots of downtime and walking around the area. We had dinner at Madonna - an Okonomiyaki place. I got one with shrimp, pork and potato --- with a spicy sauce on top! Dad got one with potato, bacon and cheese. They were both good but incredibly filling. I couldn't finish mine. It was a fun and tasty experience.

Tomorrow we are sight-seeing a bit in the morning and then heading to Nara. I'm excited to see a new place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

OsakaOsaka
Osaka

Flower animals in Tennoji-Koen.
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

Pond inside Keitakuen Garden.


Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb