Kaiyukan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
September 19th 2005
Published: September 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today I went to Kaiyukan, which is the Osaka Aquarium, it was really great about 8 floors of fish tanks which begin on the top floor and you walk down a slowly decending spiral which leads through many different enviroments such as the Artic, The Great Barrier reef, the Japan forest and many other aquatic enviroments, It all finally leads to an exhibt simply called the Pacific Ocean which is about a 2 and a half story tank with many types of fish, many types of sharks some giant rays and the main attraction at Kaiyukan a Whale Shark that on my estimation is maybe 6 or 7 meters so the largest fish I had ever seen and whale sharks are the largest fish type in the world reaching lengths of 13 meters. I went to today with a friend I made who went to USF last semester but who I didnt meet until about a week ago at Kansai Gaidai. But it was both our first times to Kaiyukan so it was an exciting trip and after we left Kaiyukan we rode what is now I believe the second largest Ferris wheel in the world behind the eye in London,it is located right outside Kaiyukan. Tempozan Ferris wheel is still 100 meters tall so still quite impressive and offers spectacular views of Osaka at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



24th September 2005

You are having way too much fun. Are you still in school?? Kidding aside, continue to enjoy the beauty and culture. Love you!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb