Kyoto and Osaka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
September 10th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finalizing our wonderful staying in Japan 😞((
We wish we could stay longer... but definitely we'll come back and we strongly recommend you to visit the country... People, culture, food, countryside, cities, shopping, so many topics are surprising and interesting!
We visited 2 opposite cities: Kyoto and Osaka.

First, Kyoto looks like the very traditional Japonese city. It was saved from bombing during the 2nd World War and so many part of the city are aged. It's an amazing place to visit Buddhist temples and cycling around. We could finally do bicycle the whole day until we didn't fell our butt anymore!
We stayed at a mini hostel owned by only one young Japanese guy, with tatamis in the rooms.
Paradox is that people are very polite and never brake the rules... but once on their beloved bikes, everything is allowed (cycle on the pavement, on opposite way in one-way streets... even old ladies behave suddenly as dangerous rebels). It's Anarchy in Japan ;-)
JB had a huge success with an older lady in a bus. She tried to get a seat but when she saw the blue-eyed guy, she got excited and said in really good English: "you're an handsome boy" and didn't stop to talk until she had to get off but nearly missed her station ;p
So almost get married right away!

Osaka is completely the opposite. Destroyed during World War 2, everything is very modern, fully oriented towards consummation and fashion! There we had the feeling that the city was open to the world, even more than Tokyo. There is an important Chinese community but we also find out there were a lot of Italian, Korean and even French places... We could find French influence especially in shops... We saw a restaurant called "Mauvais garcon"... That sounds like gay porno movies, we didn't stop, may be affraid to be spanked at the end of the diner 😉 The best one remind us of our area in Paris... We found a restaurant called "Barbes, Ethnic French Cuisine"... Even at the other side of the world, you're never far from home !
It was funny to walk through red light area... Usually when men go out of strip bars or hot special massages places, they walk quick looking at their shoes. But here as people are very, very polite, it's just not the case... There are girls outside the bar on the pavement greeting, laughing loud and saying probably "see you soon" to the guys... Impossible to escape discretely!
For our last night in Japan, we wanted to have a quiet local dinner in the neighbourhood of our gusthouse (very nice Japanese styled with paper walls and doors). But it turns to be a very entertaining evening. We met 3 divorced mums who complained about their ex-husbands, who were drinking to much and seeing to many girls around !

Tomorrow morning (in 4 hours) we're catching the boat to Beijing !

Adventure continues!





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



11th September 2009

Wooooow!!!!
Your pictures are super. I was at the same cities, but for short time only. So it's cool to see more. The old lady was very brave. JB, you're double the size...haha. Seems you had a very good time. I'm afraid china won't be that nice. But you never know....have fun!! Greetings from Germany, your auntie Evi
11th September 2009

merci
Je vous embrasse tous les deux, régalez vous. profitez profitez de ce super beau voyage. Vous nous raconterez lorsque vous rentrerez. En attendant merci pour le blog. ben
13th September 2009

Japan
Hey guys! Thx u so much for letting us take part in your journey.....it looks like you are having an amazing and adventures time in Japan...! JB...you got a catch there, I have to say ;-) wishing you safe trips and a fab time with lots of memorable moments and feelings....have a blast and pls keep us posted...big huggg and grand bisous ma belle Mary!!!!
14th September 2009

j en prends bonne note, ce sera pour moi, sushi et sake... bonne continuation autour du globe. meilleurs souvenirs de msk fcs

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb