Rugby world cup in Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Oita
October 11th 2019
Published: October 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well that was stressful! Especially when Fiji scored the first two tries...
But firstly I have to say what an amazing job the city of Oita did. They'd organised a super fan zone by the station and free bus service to the stadium which was about 15 mins away. And hundreds of stewards directing us to the right place. When we got to the stadium there was a bit of a walk from the bus park and all along more 'helpers' high 5ing and shouting hello. In the stadium there was drummers, and bands playing. There was over 38,000 people!.... mostly in red and various other forms of dress... some daffodil hats ,dragons and sheep. I think they'd be very hot as it was a very warm evening.
38,000 people is a lot to get back though...but the longish walk back to the busses thinned out the crowds and they had different busses going to different areas and when we got to the bus park there was hundreds of empty buses waiting in line to take people back into town, so it only took as long as it took to fill the bus. Carried out in true Japanese efficiency and with happy smiling faces. So we were back in town about 1 hr after the end of the game.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

One of my many man hole covers.One of my many man hole covers.
One of my many man hole covers.

Something that I have in common with Jeremy Corbyn apparently!
Fabulous Ryokan mealFabulous Ryokan meal
Fabulous Ryokan meal

Traditional Inn in the hot spring town of Yufin.
Yukata and belt ready to be wornYukata and belt ready to be worn
Yukata and belt ready to be worn

These are light cotton kimonos that you are given in most hotels, so that you feel at home. You are allowed to walk around the hotel in your Yukata especially backwards and forwards to the Onsen (hot spring baths) and even in some hotels, in the dining room...


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb