Snow in Hakuba


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nagano
December 16th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.6514, 138.181

Snow. Snow. Snow.
This Christmas holidays the kids and husband decided that it would be a cold one.
Snow. Snow boarding and more snow.
The flight in we could see Mt. Fuji in the distance.

Japan. Nagano. Hakuba. It was very warm when we arrived at the airport.
Nagano is where they had held the winter Olympics so off we went.
It was a 6 hour taxi ride from the Narita airport to Hakuba.
The taxi stopped every 1 or 1 and a half hours for a stop.
We would hop out of the car.The weather was like in Nanjing so we went to eat something.
Squid seemed like the first option for the boys. Serena and I had Hot Chocolate and a toilet stop.
It was so clean and the toilets are heated.... Yeah. The best thing in the world.

Second stop. It was colder. Serena thought she would try a donut. It had fish shavings on top.... not a good choice.

Third stop. The sun was going down and it was freezing. Hot drink for everyone and a sandwich.
As we drove higher and higher there was more and more snow everywhere.

We arrived and sorted everything and went for a walk in the snow. Snowball fights. Photos. we didn't last very long outside. it was freezing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb