Chinese Wedding and 20-12 Dinner Party


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
December 1st 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.05, 118.78

Finally we have been invited to a Chinese wedding and we have another party to go to.Doesn't it always work out that way...

PART 1
It was pouring with rain. The Chinese don't have a ceremony but they have a series of parties.Sounds like a great idea to me.
They also do an amazing range of photos. Different dresses, locations very cute.
There are posters up in the entrance.
They also had an interesting video which had all of the great Chinese leaders having a meeting. We Westerners had no idea what was going on.... and in the end the bride and groom where on the screen in their army uniform. We laughed when others laughed and applauded when others applauded. It was great.

When we first arrived the bride was in a traditional western white wedding dress.
She then changed into a red dress.... and then a blue dress.
We ate and ate and ate. There was bijou in the table along with soft drink and lots of food. There was turtle, intestines, dove with its head still on, fish, soup with funny fluffy things in it, as usual there where lots of things that you just ate but didn't ask what they where......

Rules for a Chinese wedding:
Don't wear white, You must not give amounts of money that have a 4 in them,
and don't get dressed up.
There where some ladies with a track suit on.

PART 2
After the wedding we had to quickly change into our formal outfit and race off to the Dance.
We arrived just as they where serving the Main meal. Perfect.
So we ate again. The food was great so I didn't mind eating dinner again.
We took lots of photos and we danced and drank all night.
Luca being the crazy man that he is.... started to dance on the stage......
and before you knew it the stage was full of silly westerners dancing.
Luca was determined to wear one of the jackets that the band was wearing.....
Yes he did it.....
It was a great night.

It was a very contrasting night.
Very Chinese to western.
It doesn't seem possible, but here in Nanjing everything is possible.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb