Towars Hakone


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
April 3rd 2018
Published: October 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

03.04.2018

Today we were going to leave the hotel. Today one of the participant forgot her purse containing passport , money in breakfast hall and in the process, we were delayed. However, Priyanka found out the same under the drappery of serving tables. The lady had put it there and forgotten to take it back.

We first went to Happoen Garden.

Happo-en (which means a garden beautiful from eight angles/a garden beautiful from all angles) is a hidden garden in the vicinity of Minato-ku, Tokyo. It was built in the early 17th century (Edo Period) and was reconstructed in 1915. Happō-en is a garden with beautiful views. This garden is a home of Bonsai, Mapple, and Cherry trees. Most Bonsai trees in this garden are over 100 years old and one of the oldest is 520 years old, a real historical feeling awaits you there. There is big, calm pond, with red fishes. We took a group photo here. Then enjoyed a traditional tea ceremony with the help of a lady dressed in Kimono. She told the steps in tea ceremony, in Japanese language and Maria translated it in English for us. We drank tea. But with our busy life style we felt who has so much time for such things ? But we respect their tradition.

From there we were taken to Shinjuku Gyoen Park - one of the largest and popular park which features more than one thousand cherry trees of over a dozen varieties, including numerous early and late blooming trees. Shinjuku Gyo-en is a large park and garden in Shinjuku and Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. It was originally a residence of the Naitō family in the Edo period. Afterwards, it became a garden under the management of the Imperial Household Agency of Japan.The garden is very big. cherry blossom bloom was enjoyed by us. Many Japanese were sitting / lying under trees and enjoying the Sakura season.

There is greenhouse at the garden It was our exit point. Very less period was given to us in the garden. Hence could not see the garden fully. Just walked little further and came back as we had to see the greenhouse. The green house has various species of plants. We saw various cactus flowers. Then came to gather point. After that we visited Edo Museum- a museum of the history of the Tokyo during Edo period.

After dinner, we went to our Hotel in Hakone. Oiso Prince Hotel

This hotel was also techno savey and provided all facilities. It also provided Kimonos. Mall was outside and we had to walk a little.


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb