Relax NOW!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
January 5th 2017
Published: January 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We sleep in for the first time in weeks. The kids and I are winding down and Jules is getting there. We punish ourselves at breakfast again but we don't seem to be in such a rush to do stuff.

We spend hours in the pool and we sample the PoolBar drinks menu. The Ausie kids show these Asian pretenders how to run amok in a pool this size and they amuse some of the other swimmers with thier unique use of a rashy and lead the other kids astray with jumping from rocks.

I feel like I could lounge here for a while. Jules still isn't so sure. Our inherent sunsmart natures kick in and we head back to the air conditioning for a rest. We sneak in some lunch, but this time Jules and I share a meal. $60 for lunch is a little better and we don't even need to eat after our mammoth breakfast.

The air con provides some welcomed rest. The kids are sporting a combination of chlorine and crazy tired eyes and slip into TV zombie mode with ease.

Jules unfortunately develops a headache and needs a sleep to keep it at bay. Activity Time!

Deaks and I spend half an hour shooting each other in one-on-one paintball while Milla spends a hour in solitary kids club. The staffing ratio is 3:1 - where is everybody? $9 / hour for kids club and it includes an $8 horse ride. Best value in the resort.

It may be mid-winter but we finish our activities soaked in sweat. I guess we are pretty close to the equator here and "winter" is really just a label.

Jules is better after her sleep and we finish the day with another swim. We share a couple of pizza's for dinner - because you have to eat at dinner time - and retire to watch a bit of rugrats in Paris. Jules sneaks of for an hour massage just to make sure that headache is under control.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.66s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb