Nike Sweatshops


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
April 30th 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

A lot of big companies in the United States use sweatshops to make their products, but a big company that uses sweatshops would be Nike. The Nike sweatshops in Indonesia are horrific. The people that work in the sweatshops have to live in horrible conditions, and they do not make nearly s much money as they should. Nike sells the shoes these people make for over a hundred dollars while it only costs them five dollars to make. They sell the shoes for so much but the workers that work in the factories where the shoes are made are only paid one dollar and twenty five cents a day. This is not enough money to live on. These people can only buy a couple little meals a day for themselves and they cannot support their families on these wages. f they need to buy something extra, they would miss meals. The workers live in very tiny rooms with other people. More than five families have to share one bathroom and the rooms where they live are not at all healthy in any way. There are huge rats and roaches all over. The workers have to work over time in order to make enough for one day to support their families. The workers are often sick and exhausted. The children cannot go to school either because they have to work as well as their parents. In order to fix this problem people in America can protest against Nike, so Nike will treat them more as humans.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb