Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
April 2nd 2013
Published: April 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Indonesia has its people living I'm poverty because of multi-national corporations. For example the Nike factory in Indonesia is a sweatshop. The workers have to work low wages and high hours. The estimated living wage for an Indonesian worker is 2.30 US dollars a day. Even working for a lot of hours a day Indonesian workers make an estimated 1.10 US dollars a day. This wage is not enough for people to live off of. The workers barely have enough money for food. If someone gets sick, they have to pick if they want to eat that day or to but the medicine. Living on $1.10 a day the people are able to live in an eight foot by eight foot cement block. They could not send their kids to school. By not being able to send their kids to school, this keeps the kids on the same root as their parents. They will keep working in these factories because they cannot get and education to get a better job. Nike could double the wage of 80,000 people working in Indonesia for just 22 million dollars. That is the amount of money the company spends on just Michael Jordan to promote the product. But the company will not up the wage. And therefore Indonesia will stay in this poverty because of the multi-national corporations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb