Camaroon


Advertisement
Cameroon's flag
Africa » Cameroon
March 29th 2013
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Cameroon is in poverty because of the illnesses and diseases, but also because the government spends money in the wrong places. Also known as the “armpit of Africa” this area of Cameroon is unattractive, smelly, and malaria- infested. The city Ddouala, in Cameroon has a population of about 2 million people. The city has no roads. The typical street is 50 yards wide from shake to shack. The street is filled with street venders. These roads have not been fixed in 19 years. The government says that there is no money, but there is plenty of money coming from the World Bank and from Britain, France, and America, but the government puts it in their pockets. They do not spend it on the roads.



There are elections in Cameroon. But these elections are not fair, president Biya is always re-elected with 90 percent majority. But 90 percent of the people don’t vote for Biya, he is very unpopular but he still wins. Much of the government activity appears to be designed to stealing money from the people of Cameroon. Bully solders often drunk, stop busses and cars and try their best to extract bribes from the passengers. The police force is too busy extraction bribes to catch criminals.



The government also spends money on unnecessary things. For example the government built a library right next to an old library. This building was built incorrectly because the construction workers didn’t have the right education. The new library contains stain puddle from rain that leaks throe the upside down, V shaped, roof. The library was a waste of money. The government consists of bribery and incorrect spending that is why Cameroon is in poverty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb