Sweatshops in Nike


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » West Papua » Manokwari
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Nike has been accused of having sweatshop workers for a while now. Although Nike has denied all these claims, the workers themselves would speak out against Nike. Conditions in the sweatshops are, you can argue, slightly better than those in other countries, but they are still not safe. Workers must work in small/cramped rooms, nonstop work periods, and also abused by their bosses.

This has led to many protests around the globe. One way to solve this issue or to at least make it better would be to pay their workers a little extra. Workers only get paid $1.50 every single day. That's crazy. How do people manage to pay for detergent soap or a razer along with food? They can't. They can only afford one thing. If they were sick, they can only afford the medicine, and they will not be able to eat for the rest of the day. Another way is to also try a shift system, where some workers work in the morning and change with others around noon/ afternoon. The reason is because workers are forced to work fourteen hours a day in terrible conditions. If Nike wanted people to work, the should always care for their employees and switch their workers, so they will not be tired everyday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb