mon day 66


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumbawa
March 26th 2015
Published: March 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day three - travelling again through the night this time arriving at Laba island. Having toast with nutella chocolate spread for breakfast - yum! And sitting to watch the sun rise from behind another island the scenery was beautiful. Taking the smaller boat again to the beach we stopped off to do some more snorkelling and a bit of trekking to see the nice view from the top of the hill. The waters not being as clear, we couldn't see as much as yesterday so we walked up a hill instead and took in the stunning views. Snapping a few pictures and heading back down we all headed back out to the boat. From here we sailed for a further hour or two to find some Manta Rays. The sea being so clear you could see them from the boat - at the widest point must of been 3-4 metres across, skirting along the bottom of the sea bed ( about 5 metres from where we were.) Afterwards we had some lunch and sailed onto what they call the red beach. Making my way to the beach the sand was pinky/red, this time not being so good for snorkelling as the current was quite strong, with even some of the stronger swimmers struggling to make to and from the boat. The beach being so hot with very little shade I didn't stay long, deciding to relax on the boat instead. Sailing further on we saw more dolphins and more flying fish. Early evening we made it to the north part of Komodo island, which is where we anchored for the night. Watching the sun set and seeing some huge bats flying out from under some small trees we relaxed for the evening. A handful of locals sailed up to us as we were stationary trying to sell us the usual ornaments as well as beers, cigarettes etc. Making a few sales with the latter! After dinner one of the crew caught a huge fish - similar to a sea bass - which would be turned into lunch for tomorrow. Sleep came easier tonight without the roaring and heat from the engine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb