Tuk Tuk, Samosir Island, Lake Toba (11th May 2014)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Lake Toba
May 11th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 11th May 2014

The 3 of us spent the earlier part of our day taking in the beauty of the morning skies as the sun rose over the horizon of Lake Toba. The lake presented itself as the perfect antidote of peace and quiet - a travel wishlist for city dwellers like us.

Our idyllic breakfast consisted of both Indonesian and Western favourites. These were served at 7.30am at the balcony of our room. Every breakfast set we ordered came with a nice serving of fruit platter to start our day on a healthy footing.

While waiting for the rest of the folks to join us in the afternoon, 3 of us went through a long trek around Tuk Tuk Town. The full circuit took a good 3 hours to complete under the hot sun. Along the way, we were rewarded with a nice view of the lake as well as the golden-yellow rice fields of the Batak countryside. We checked out the various dinner options for the evening but decided to stick to Horas after a somewhat mediocre lunch from one of the restaurants nearby.

By mid-afternoon, all jaded from the long walk earlier, we waited patiently in our room for the rest of our kakis to join us from Singapore while penning down our dinner orders for the kitchen. At 4 in the afternoon, they finally arrived at the same jetty where we decided to give them a welcome surprise.

While waiting for the sun to set, we took them through the same route along Tuk Tuk Town, amid a more "condensed" fashion. As our day became night, it was the same dinner arrangement we had with our homestay but with a much bigger crowd.

The home-cooked food was remarkably fresh and delicious as we chatted through the evening under the peaceful backdrop of Samosir Island. Kudos to our skilful chefs for their great efforts and of course, the great company!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb