Lake Toba, our journey to Horas Indah (10th May 2014)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Lake Toba
May 10th 2014
Published: July 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 10th May 2014

We were missing out on 1 passenger as our Valuair Flight, VF281 made her final descend at the modern Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan. WX had unfortunately missed her flight this morning and it was decided that she would be travelling together with CC & HQ on the following day. So it was left with the 3 of us on day 1 of our programme as we started our long journey from Singapore to Lake Loba.

After what must have been more than 40 minutes delay at the Medan customs, we hopped onto the car which would bring us to our destination in about 5 hours. An hour on the road later, our driver dropped us at Restoran Bahagia for our delicious Nasi Padang lunch. The various dishes were neatly laid out in front of us and we would only be paying for the food items that we had consumed.

After lunch, we also stopped by for a quick bathroom break at a Paten Outlet before visiting the Kwan Im Temple at Siantar. As we made our final approach towards the town of Parapat, we requested for a brief stop at one of the coffee shops along the main road which had a panoramic view of Lake Toba. The lake and the surrounding mountains had a magical effect in calming our nerves down as soon as we reached Parapat.

We continued on for the final leg of our journey - a 40 minutes ferry ride to the town of Tuk Tuk on Samosir Island. This was where our lovely homestay, the Horas Indah was located. We occupied 1 of the 2 houses at the homestay which was about 3 minutes walk to the beautiful lake. As the day sets, we relaxed on the lounge chairs by the lake occasionally soaking our feet on the cool waters.

The home-cooked dinner at 7 in the evening was fantastic with plenty of dishes to go for the 3 of us. Even as we retired for the night, we were accompanied by the lovely sounds of nature. This was one nice encounter that we seldom had a chance to experience in modern day Singapore. And I'm certainly loving it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.1189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb