The hardest trek ever


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Bukit Lawang
July 21st 2017
Published: July 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The highlight of Sumatra was, of course, the rain forest trek that lasted two days.

It was an early morning and I woke up for one my hardest hikes in my childhood. My mum had told me we would see orangutans and I was dead excited. We met our guide Andu and we went out of the tourists resort and started climbing the first hill of our hike. We first saw the rubber tree plantation and apparently the rubber in the trees just comes out liquid. Then we continued and saw a gathering of people staring at a huge 90 kilo male orangutan. As he moved towards us people ran away and so did we. In all we saw eleven and including semi wild Mina and Jacky. Mina once bit Andu by sneaking behind him and biting his leg. She bit lots of people that way. Jacky wanted to give hugs to people but she was too unpredictable to try this. Both Jacky and Mina had cute babies. After an eight hour walk, we arrived at the camp. We laid our clothes out and had a swim in the river. Then we had dinner ( spicy chicken and rice etc) and tea and biscuits for dessert. Next day we saw a giant lizard IMAGES and took 31 minutes to go down rafting in the river to Green Hill. We had an eight hour hike because the path went up steeply and down steeply but it was still great.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb