Bunaken


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Bunaken National Park
August 26th 2012
Published: August 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have now finished 11 nights staying in Bunaken. Travelling has been a bit of a nightmare because we found out really late that all the locals go travelling 1 week before and 1 week after the end of ramadan which causes everything to be booked out and prices to increase to silly amounts. We decided to just sit it out in Bunaken marine national park which has world renowned diving. We managed to get a room with Matt and Linda which decreased the price a lot cause we had a double bed matress on the floor. We were there 11 nights and had parties on 4 of those nights. Matt and Linda did their Open Water PADI while Connie and I did 6 dives (one of which was a night dive). The diving in Bunaken was mostly wall dives as 50m from the beach the coral takes a 90 degree turn and goes vertically downwards for 200m which is crazy the first time you see it. All in all Bunaken was nice but the diving wasnt quite as good as we had hoped and if it hadnt been for the people on the island we might have regretted going there. But we had to sit out Ramadan somewhere and the people and parties were great fun.

We spent the last night in Manado airport waiting for a 6am flight and we have arrived in Bali now which is crazilly different to Bunaken. We have gone from being some of the only white people around to being the heavy majority. There are bars and clubs everywhere and it is a bit of a culture shock. We are staying here for 4 nights while Matt and Linda sort out their Visa and they have 2 more friends joining us and then we go off to the Gili Islands.

Sorry about not posting on here for ages, we have been in very remote places. It should be easier now as everywhere in Bali has free WIFI along with swimming pools and bars. We shall keep you posted.

Tobes and Cons xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb