Indonesian time


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Bunaken National Park
July 11th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were back late for diving today because we left late. Some guest including Toby and Harriet had been out in then boat before breakfast to see dolphins. Harriet isn't orally keen on getting out of bed before sunrise, but this morning was different. She and Toby had to be on the boat at 6.00am to sail to the other side of the island. They saw loads of dolphins that jumped and swam around the boat, but weren't keen on people swimming near them. They were late back making the dive late and lunch even later. We have realised that this is pretty normal for Indonesia. Although times are given for things, they are so laid back, things just happen when they happen.

Today was our last day diving and we headed over to the mainland for some very different diving. The seabed here is sandy and at first it appears there is little life. When you get closer you see there is loads- crabs, seahorses, eels, lion fish, catfish, frog fish and stingrays. For the first time this trip we even managed to stay under for over an hour. It wasn't as pretty as the coral walls, but incredibly
One of the dolphinsOne of the dolphinsOne of the dolphins

It was hard to actually catch them on camera but there were loads of them promise!
fascinating.

We spent the afternoon sorting and packing. We want to have our clothes for the next few days in easy to carry bags and to try and leave the rest of the luggage at the airport or a hotel when we get to Kalimantan. It took a lot of organising and patience.

Toby spent a long time sorting out the bill ready for us to leave. I had brought copies of the emails between me and Terry the manager, so it was eventually all agreed amicably. We spent a bit more than we anticipated but not too much to leave us broke. We did dive everyday though when we recall planning on going every other day. The diving was just too good to not go.

A new guest from Australia turned up before dinner. It was weird to hear an Australian accent again and it sounded really strong - funny because we don't really notice it at home. This guest was backpacking but was really he was flash packing as he had the most amazing camera and macbook air.

We had a great time on Bunaken and would recommend the diving to anyone. We may have to come back again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb