Jaws


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Bunaken National Park
July 8th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The dives today were both fun. The first one had a strong current but instead of trying to slow down we just let it take us. It was like flying. Then we spotted a black tip shark. It was quite a big one probably 150-170 cm.

On the second dive we swam with a turtle for a while and also saw a sting ray.

It rained in the afternoon and as it was Sunday we decided to have a lazy one.Harriet tried to persuade Toby to pay her huge amounts to eat a chilli. She then touched her eye and had to have an eyebath. Hint- dont put chili in your eye. It hurts!

When we go on our walks we see the same things each day as there is only one road. We often have to move to single file to let the motorbikes go past. Indonesians seem to learn to ride bikes very young. Some of the riders look about 10 years old! They are also very clever at getting many people on one bike and carrying things whilst they are riding.

There are 2 villages on the island and approximately 4000 people. The smaller village has a soccer pitch next to the main path. Soccer is a major pastime for Indonesians. When we passed the pitch though the only players were piglets and dogs.

We've been away a week now and I think we are beginning to get acclimatised to the weather and to a slower pace. Our suntans are coming along nicely too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb