sengigi....lombok.


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Sengigi
December 16th 2008
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

sengigi


hi all
well we arrived in lombok 24 hrs after we originally planned as we are lazy, but it did take eight hrs so we had to prepare.
not a bad journey though we got to see a bit of bali as we drove through u bud (the cultural capital ) basically painting shops and sculptures ,everywhere it was cool though .
then onto our 5 hr slow boat journey from pandang bai to lambar harbour in lombok ,then a taxi to sengigi which took about an hour .
managed to find digs easy for around eight pound including breakfast and a free beer ,marvellous.
we spend most our morning chilling on the beach, which was near impossible in kuta ,you want necklace,you want sunglasses, you want..etc etc ( you want to get out of my face).so it was nice to sit and read our books on the beach in piece,then a light shower forced us into a siesta ,not a bad life really.
we have just booked our tickets to the gillis, which are three islands off lombok that are supposed to be the best place to visit with powder white sand and turquoise oceans, so we will try and do some snorkelling and chilling for a week .
there's no transport on the islands apart from horse and cart (should be surreal).theres not a lot of any thing apparently so it may be a week before you hear anything from us, but we just want to relax after the madness of kuta .
well take care every one and we,ll upload photos before xmas ,enjoy your xmas shopping

nick and lea...in bali.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

little wingslittle wings
little wings

ah buckets
craig and carliecraig and carlie
craig and carlie

the honey mooners


Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb