Relaxing at the Gili's


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
April 24th 2012
Published: April 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just spent 6 lovely relaxing days on the Gilis (islands off Lombok) recharging our batteries after the climb. Not much to update on really, we spent most days sitting on a beanbag reading, drinking banana smoothies and I spent a lot of time playing with the stray kittens - they were so cute and clean (I think). Highlight of the few days was the scuba diving. We did two dives and the last one was the best as we went down to 30 metres, which was really cool, deepest dive we have done, saw lots of colourful fish, turtles, sea snakes and Tom saw a white tipped reef shark but it swam off before I got a chance to see it!

A couple of photos attached, nothing too exciting seeing as most of our time was spent lying around reading. Arrived in Bangkok this afternoon, we decided to splash out on a $50 a night hotel so we're enjoying the luxuries of hot water, a tv (we are currenty watching the panda channel which is a 24 hour panda reality tv show, bit like big brother, strange...), wifi, air conditioning and a fridge... we can't get too use to it though! Spent this evening wandering around the night markets, sampling yummy $2 streetfood for dinner. More to come on Bangkok...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb