Gilly T


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gilly T!



On the 9th we got the ferry across to Lombok, Lombok is the island to the right of Bali...its a lot less developed, full of palm trees and full of long haired guys looking for love...

So the ferry crossing wasn't bad, despite the ferry looked like it was about to sink! the toilets were the worst I had ever seen! and so small it was nearly impossible to squat!!!!!!!! ugh!! I feel sick just thinking about them. We were told the journey to Gilly Trawangan which is a very small island off Lombok would take 4 hours.....9 hours later after 2 boat rides and a bus ride we arrived...tip for anyone thinking of going, take the fast boat from Bali, it takes 2 hours!!

Our second boat ride from Bang Sal port to Gilly T was a bit hairy. Picture this 20 people all with huge backpacks and surf boards on a small long tail boat....choppy seas....there were a few green faces on this boat ride...I think everyone got soaked from the waves coming over the sides of the boat...I thought my Mom was going to keel over and die from panic....was certainly an
Lazy Days...Lazy Days...Lazy Days...

jealous?
experience!! ha! Before we got on the boat though they made us wait about half an hour at Bang Sal port....disgusting little place...this is where all the long haired Lombok guys hang out looking for love.......One guys told me I had hair like Spaghetti, eyes like watermelons and that he loved me more than his cat....well of course I fell into his arms, how could any girl resist charming words like that???? They also filled you with stories of malaria and denge on the island...trying to make you spend a small fortune on mosquito repellents and nets...not nice...we were both glad to be out of there.

Alas the journey was well worth it, Gilly T is just out of this world!!! Its like a real life desert island! For a start there are no cars, not even any bikes?! There are no police and no trouble. Every bar has magic mushroom milkshakes and weed tea...My Mom didn't want to partake in a mushroom shake so we stuck to the wine. The beaches are white sand, crystal clear waters...there are little shacks along the beach where you can watch dvd's, we watched Shrek III (pretty average) Our bungalow was amazing!!!!!!!!!
Gilly TGilly TGilly T

pure paradise
had an outside bathroom, even better than the one in Kuta...check out the pictures....

Your best to look at the pics to see how gorgeous the island really was. It was so small you could walk around it in 2 hrs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Moi!Moi!
Moi!

in my new Khaki bikini


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0942s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb