Yogykarta: Smarter than the Average Bear


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java
August 8th 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our first day in Jogja we didn’t have any set plan. We loosely planned to see what there was to see in town and venture outside the city on the next day. We spent the morning googling and searching trip advisor to figure out what to do.

First up was a haircut for Brad. He had not been to a barber for a couple weeks before our wedding. We stopped at the 52 Barbershop. We had to wait a while before Brad got a haircut that took nearly an hour. The final product was superb and cost about $3.50.

After that, we took a car over to Malioboro street which is a well-known shopping destination. There were some conventional malls and stores that lined the market filled streets. We walked down the street but chose not to purchase anything. We did grab a small bite at a cart. The food was similar to an egg roll with chicken and a quail egg.

Next, we went to Poka Ribs back on Prawiroban street. Poka Ribs claims to have “The Best Ribs in Town”. The BBQ was actually pretty good. There was a wide offering of sauces and a few BBQ options. There was also an Indonesian menu. We got an order of ribs and some Indonesian noodles.





After lunch, we went back to the hotel to swim in the pool. The water was cool which Brad found refreshing while Kristy turned into an icicle. After swimming, we went to Hani’s for dinner. Still full from the ribs, we shared a green Laksa and some chocolate mousse cake. The Laksa was not great; however, the cake was scrumptious.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb