First Flight Fiasco


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra
August 7th 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We took our time getting out of bed the next morning because our only plan for the day was a 1:30 flight to Jogja (Yogyakarta). Retracing our steps, we took the train back to the airport and arrived plenty early for our flight.

Upon checking in, we learned that our flight reservation was only that, a reservation. We had reserved a seat on the plane, but had not paid for a ticket and could not get on that flight. We were transferred to a customer service office where we asked about our options. We ended up buying a ticket with another carrier (Air Asia) for a 4:30 flight. We also took the opportunity to book our Surabaya to Bali flight. Kristy tried an avocado and chocolate shake while we waited.

We arrived in Jogja much later than anticipated. Finding our Grabcar at the airport was difficult because our driver was working for a collective operating out of a nearby garage. We checked in at the Duta Guest House which could be characterized as an upscale hostel. There were common sitting areas scattered around the building with some books and board games. The courtyard had a medium sized pool along with a waterfall feature. Our room on the second floor was private, large, and modestly furnished.

Prawirotaman street where our hotel was located, is known as “Western Street” because of all the hotels and restaurants that cater to Western tourists. We walked down to K’Meals Pizza for dinner. We ordered a Hawaiian and a green curry pizza. We downed a few Bintang and Bali Hai while we waited and watched the live band performing. We stayed at K’Mears for a while before heading back to Duta.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb