Witness the Epic Tale of Ramayana Break a Guinness World Record


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
March 31st 2013
Published: September 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After debating whether the Ramayana Ballet Purawisata would be better than other Ramayana performances in Prambanan or Bali, we decided to take a chance and attend the show. We had already completed our other agendas in Yogyakarta, so it was time to sit back and enjoy the show.

The Ramayana Ballet is a renowned attraction for foreign visitors, and if you're looking for something to do in Yogyakarta at night, then this is the perfect choice.

The performance tells the story of the love between Rama and Shinta, their loyalty and the brave act of Hanuman, all of which are important influences on Hindu life and culture. Although the show is quite long, it is a great way to learn about the teachings of ancient Hindus.

The complex also houses a romantic garden restaurant (Gazebo) and an indoor restaurant (Shinta). You can choose to dine here or just attend the performance, and payment for entry and dinner is facilitated at the restaurant.

There are also online packages available at http://www.amazingramayanaballet.com/ .

It is also worth noting that the Ramayana Ballet Purawisata has been regularly staged every night since 1976 and has been recorded by Guinness Record for the stage performance every night continuously for 39 years.

It has been passed through four generations so far and has been through many revolutions in choreography.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb