Hello Mr. where you go?


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
December 7th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi there crazy goats!

Righty ho - this is going to have to be a super speedy update - not sure how as there is so much to scribble but alas min time - Slime is busy fighting with the internet folk as he has been trying to copy our photies to dvd for the past 2 hours and now there is nothing on the disc! awesome sauce!

Anyhoot - we are now in Java! Last time i scribbled i think we were still in Sumatra climbing volcanos so let me back track a little... We left Beristagi and headed for Lake Toba...holy beans - never have we caught such a hairy bus ride - proper maniac behind the wheel and a 16 year old maniac at that!! Crammed to the max and speeding like wild bats - thought we were tickets. Then when we couldn't squeeze in any more peeps he pulled over and picked up some wee school critters who all harry casually simply clambered up on to the roof!! and off we sped once again!! By some miracle we made it to Lake Toba - where many a cannibal live i'll have you know! We spent a couple days there - very pretty and min tourists. We did embark on a marathon bicycle ride with the mad Germans - 70km we chased them (and their monster calves) for, dodging random Indo kiddies and cannibals! All good fun though.

After Lake Toba came monster travel of all time - 2 days solid - from ferry to taxi to bus to taxi to boeing to another boeing to taxi to minibus to ferry to minibus until finally we arrived z'less in Sengiggi (Lombok) which top top things off really wasn't that rad!! Also - Jakarta is the weirdest airport! Our first boeing landed at around 11pm and we had to wait till 6:30am to catch our Boeing to Bali... we were fooled in thinking we could catch a sneaky nap on a comfy couch - in Indo they make you sit outside the airport!! Luckily there was a shop open 24hrs so we drank Bintang, munched pot noodle and played 5 meelion games of Shithead till 4:30 when they finally opened up and let us check in!

So we fled Sengiggi and headed to Kuta. There we encountered too many a kiddie selling too many a bracelet - damn I'd need about 8 arms if i said yes to every 'hello mrs, where you go, buy my bracelet'...luckily i simply chooned them 'naught' and scuttled off...alas many would scuttle straight after you or watch over you while you tried to munch your dinner!! In trying to flee the bracelet kids Slime and i decided to hire some bicycles for the day and check out all the beaches...FOOLISH!! Only i hire bicycles in 45'C heat and attempt to climb mountains! Oh dear - we cycled nearly all day - zero shade... i literally got roasted alive - just as well I'm still taking those awesome malaria tabs which leads to bonus roasting!! That eve i was the colours of Christmas - roasted red from the sun and throwing so many cats i turned green!! Wow - sun stroke is NOT cool!! anyhoot - after Kuta we headed off to the Gilli Islands - Gilli Meno to be precise - definitely the best part of Lombok! Tiny island - i strolled round the mini beast in an hour😊 We ended up staying 5 days - still with our Bavarian crew! It was like having an island to yourself - you and turtles that is - real ones this time! We went for many a shneaky shnorkel and saw many a shelled swimmer - it was the best! Slime also finally managed to get his belly tan so I'm no longer strolling hand in hand with a freakish walking T-shirt!!

After Gilli it was finally time to leave our German crew behind...they were heading to Bali before flying home and i still wanted to climb volcanos and see some of Java...so we said our final 'Prost' (cheers) and 'ig moes pbiezel' (i need to pee - one of my few German phrases i picked up!) and went our separate ways! Leaving Lombok for Java meant another monster travel but after many a ferry and snail bus ride we arrived in Java - Cemoro Lawang, home to Mount Bromo! 3am yesterday morn my alarm rattled off - we donned our giant coats (which we rented for a 'small' fee from the crafty Indo) and set off to climb Mt. Brono in time to say 'sup' to the sun! It was excellent fun - quite an experience standing on top a smoking volcano while the sun rises...and munching on a chocolate oreo of course!

Aaagggh - my time is up! We are now in Malang - heading to Yogyakarta this eve...not long till we fly home - YAY!!! Indo is great but i think we are both quite keen to come home! Haggling like a ninja gets really tiring after a while, as does nasi goreng (fried rice)...as does answering the 5 questions after 'hello mr... where you go? where you stay? where you come from? what's your name? what's your hobby?...and that's all they got!! Madness but the best madness ever!!

Can't wait to see my home, family and friends...

Lots and lots of love
eM and sLime
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. min Christmas trees around these parts...even fewer advent calendars...nuts!


Advertisement



7th December 2009

What an adventure!
Hi Em Love your blog!Well done on taking the trouble and keeping us all amused.Am really looking forward to your home coming,you must be super fit now after all those bike rides,but please watch the sun stroke,no scares now before you come home! Love and hugs Dad xxx

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb