Long Hop


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
April 15th 2016
Published: April 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We were packed up in good time, so we took the opportunity to print out Ed's new school forms, fill them in, photograph and email them to the school.
Around 9.45 we took a taxi to a cafe called Yellow Deli for brunch. We'd renamed Hagrid's House given the quirky interior.
Our train to Sydney was smooth and easy and we were at the airport by 2ish. We had $27 left in small notes and change and that was enough to get lunch for Cas, Ed and Hat, plus a bottle of red for the first few nights in Jakarta.
It was a seven hour flight, of which about five hours were spent flying across Australia; it is an unbelievably large island.
We were all tured when we got off the plane and queued up for immigration. It was very warm and this was just 10.00 at night. Hat was a bit tears and Ed wash it and bothered and they did a brilliant job of holding it together. Our guide book recommended that we book a taxi inside the airport from a company called Bluebird. We found it easily enough, however, we somehow ended up with their luxury service calkled Silverbird. An escort took us through the airport to a shinny black luxury car, complete with big individual leather seats and great aircon. All for less than £16 and given, the tiredness of the kids, it turned out a great stroke.
Jakarta is the world's second largest city with over 30m people here. We whizzed along for about 40 mins whilst mopeds weaved in and out of the cars in great numbers.
We were all delighted to arrive at the Somerset Berlian hotel and get to our room. In Australuan time it was nearly 2am when we crashed. The kids were great in the way they handled themselves and I reckon that they have become much more able to cope with discomfort and in the words of Disney's Pincess and the Frog, 'to dig a little deeper'.
Zzzzzzzzz...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb