Shopping Mall Munch


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
April 16th 2016
Published: April 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today was about recovering from yesterday's travels. A long leisurely breakfast which included curries, cake and waffles. We took our coffees outside and Ed and Hat went for a swim in their clothes as it's very hot (Hat turned Ed's checked shirt into a 'cowgirl bikini top'). After some downtime in our room, it was time for a late lunch. We just wandered around to start with. Some streets have pavements and others don't. The ones that do can be also a big mix of smooth walkways and wobbly, crumbly slabs of concrete with metal wires sticking out and huge holes. The traffic comes close so Cas took Ed's hand and I took Hats.
After 15 mins we ended at a shopping mall. We let Hat decide where we walked. It was a strange place, like a high street of small independent shops over four levels. We found a place called 'The Rice Bowl' and our expectations were quite low. The food turned out to be brilliant. Hat tried lists of different dishes and thought the food was fab. Ed was content to eat a bowl of rice and Cas gave him a chopsticks lesson.
I noticed a few women looking at Cas and when we got back we did some research on Indonesian culture. The upshot is to wear her sleeves dresses with a thin scarf.
Back at the ranch there was some more swimming and a small meal of fruit for the kids was more than sufficient.
The muezzin from the local mosque, which are dotted all over, could only faintly be heard through the hotel windows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb