Java-land


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
March 10th 2008
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In early March, me and my parents when to Jakarta and Bandung for a short trip. We when there at wrong timing, because they are having a long week holidays, combination with 2 different religious celebration, Maulidur Rasul ( celebration for Muslim ) and Good Friday ( for Christian ). We depart from Kuala Lumpur
by KLM airlines about 2pm and arrived in Suekarno Hatta airport about 4pm. After we clear all our luggage,
we just started our long journey from there. It took about 3 hours to reach our hotel that only located just approximately 30km from the airport. Its because of massive traffice jammed, ( in Indonesia we call that Macet ). Once we arrived and check in to hotel ( Jalan Cikini ) we can't do so much activities and straight to our rooms and sleep.

Next day after breakfast we go straight to the Safari Zoo and go to Puncak, via Bogor. and after that straight to Bandung. What I do along our journey, just staring to the people and environment surround me, this city is among highest population of people. Roughly about 20millions that only live in Jakarta. They quite struggle with their live. Local people try to earn by singing and perform music on street, in bus, selling art painting on the street, souvenier to tourist and a lot more. They also very fashionable people. They know how to dress well and yes they got their own style. The food and dish very tasty and delicious.

Bandung is heaven for shoppers, that is not suitable for me. So while my parents busy looking for something to buy. I take a cance to take a look around that town. This town is massive. Front page of local newspapers report on that day, Bandung having a terrible traffic jammed due to long week holidays. Definitely we are one of the thousand or million victim i guess so.

The next day we went back to Jakarta, we visit Taman Mini Indonesia. Where we can see all type of house from every each ethnic in Indonesia, from Sumatera, Java, Sulawesi, Bali etc. Then we proceed to Monas, Indonesia National Monument of Merdeka Square.

On day 5th , we flight back to Kuala Lumpur at 7pm. Weather is so bad that night, we delayed our arrival at 11pm, 2hrs of extension time.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb