Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta
January 17th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yeah!! We made it to Jakarta in one peice..
When we arrived at the airport we relised that we had no Indo rupee and wouldnt be able to pay for a Visa. We had to go to the customs area and ask the guy if we could find an ATM to get cash out for Visa, he said okay but hand over your passports. We also didnt know the exchange rate so I asked a lady in the shop in English and she had no idea what I was on about so I asked her in Indonesian (little that I have) and she understood.. We got some money out and bought a 30 day Visa. By the time we got to our bags the belt wasnt moving and there was no one around, we instantly thought we have lost our bags.. Luckily Nina found our bags at the Lost and Found office. When we were going through customs Nina didnt even have to put her bags throught the x-ray machine? Adee and Muhammad (my brother in law) picked us up from the airport, what a releif, didnt have to organise any transport.
Adee hired a bike for me so early the next morning we went for a ride around Jakarta. It was CRAZY! he gave me a quick rules rundown before we left but you might as well throw that out the window. You can ride on the wrong side of the road, you can cross a mega busy road in front of everyone with out road rage, you can basically ride where ever you like :D We went to Mums old street to see where her old house use to be before they demolised it and put up warehouse. An old lady came up to us and asked if we were Ibu Lela's sons. I couldnt believe it, maybe she new because we where looking at the old site of the house? Adee spoke to her for a bit. We also got some really nice rambutan Indonesian fruit while hanging in the street. After that we rode around a bit more and ended up at a soup shop for lunch, I had a Soto Ayam which I had been busting for since India.
After that we met up with Muhammad and his friends to play Airsoft. Its similar to paint ball but more real life, the guns are almost replicas and they are semi automatics. They blast out little hard plastic balls at 100 miles and hour and really hurt if you get shot up close. Muhammad gave me this really good jacket that protected me good but Adee had no jacket so he got hit heaps.
Rima, Salma and Nina had a cruisy day shopping and looking around. We had an amazing feast with Rima's family for dinner too!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Mums old houseMums old house
Mums old house

They have knocked down mums old house a put up a warehouse. We bought rambutan off this guy while hanging in the street.
Muhammad and his friendsMuhammad and his friends
Muhammad and his friends

Muhammad is my brother inlaw, he is wearing the army jacket.


20th January 2009

No gut rot?!?!?
Is it me or did you guys make it all the way through India with no Delhi belly. I think I will leave the AirSoft to you, skirmish is painful enough.
23rd January 2009

Bali belly
There werea few minor upsets but nothing to write home about...though Arnee has just returned from the Doktor with a bag of goodies for his Bali belly! Don't eat the chicken soup

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb