Revel in the Beauty of Bandung Parijs Van Java


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Bandung
February 26th 2015
Published: December 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Bandung is more than just a tourist attraction; it is a destination of choice for those seeking a tranquil setting with stunning panoramas.

Nicknamed "Parijs van Java" (Paris of Java) by the Dutch for its resemblance to Paris and the European atmosphere of colonial times, this capital city of West Java and third largest city in Indonesia has long been a haven for expatriates.

Bandung is renowned as a shopping paradise, and it's easy to spot foreign tourists around Jalan Dago, which is a shopper's heaven, especially on Juanda Street where a row of Factory Outlets stretch for miles.

Jalan Riau, Jalan RE Martadinata, and Jalan Cihampelas are also popular shopping destinations, with the latter being a must-visit for fashion lovers.

Cibaduyut is known for its handmade shoemaking industry, and foodies should not miss the Bandung Food Festival held every Sunday night at Braga, where all sorts of Sundanese and Indonesian traditional dishes are served.

When I first arrived in Bandung, I was unsure of why I had come. Although I wanted to explore the natural beauty and scenery of the city, many of my friends were eager to go shopping. However, I soon discovered the three main attractions of Bandung as a tourist destination: shopping, nature, and culture.

From its stunning landscapes to its vibrant shopping and culinary scenes, Bandung is a destination that has something for everyone.

The next article will explore the city's food and interesting places to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb