A Staycation within Hilton Bandung


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Bandung
April 8th 2012
Published: April 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 8th April 2012 (Day 03)

Day 03 proved to be the most calming for our tired souls as we opted for a staycation within our vacation in Hilton Bandung. Here is a run-down of the key events for the day.

Breakfast

Each of us decided to shell out 181,500 Rupiahs (SGD 29.50) for our breakfast at the hotel's eatery, the Purnawarman Restaurant. Our breakfast buffet was more than a 2-hour affair starting from 8am till 10.30am in the morning. This was necessary in order to do the lavish spread justice and of course, making sure that our lunch was "taken care of" as well.

Swimming / Gymnasium

The strong breezes that morning did not deter us from heading to level 6 for some serious swimming in order to work out that extra calories from breakfast. For a business hotel, Hilton certainly had a nicely sculpted pool that could rival the likes of other beach resorts.

Since today was a Sunday, most of the guests from nearby Jakarta had already check-out. Aside from a handful of other guests, we basically had the huge swimming pool to ourselves. From the pool, the city view of Bandung was clearly evident.

YP also found time to check out on the gymnasium facilities. Compared to other hotel gyms that I had came across over the years, the gym at Hilton was probably the best given that it resembled the look of commercial fitness centres.

Jiwa Spa

A 90-minute routine incorporating foot scrub, 1 hour body massage and body scrub at Jiwa Spa was a nice touch for our staycation within Hilton Bandung. My final bill worked out to be 363,000 Rupiahs (SGD 59). While the package might seemed pricey for Indonesian standards, this was well worth the extra bucks in returned for their level of attentiveness and professionalism. For sure, we would not be getting a better deal back at home.

Istana Plaza

In the evening, after convincing SJ to head out for dinner, we decided to head to Istana Plaza again for our 3rd straight night. The Istana Plaza was the only mall within walking distance from our hotel. We didn't have a chance to pop by the upmarket Paris Van Java or Cihampelas Walk, 2 of the leading shopping malls in the city. However, since we were not into shopping mall hopping, we were generally happy with the selections at Istana.

Concluding Remarks

Day 03 wasn't fruitful in terms of sight-seeing but it offered an opportunity to stay fully relaxed within a vacation. We came out of Day 03 feeling totally refreshed, rejuvenated and recharged. For sure, we would incorporate a staycation for our future vacations.

All prices are inclusive of 10%!S(MISSING)ervice Charge and 11%!G(MISSING)overnment Taxes.
1 SGD = 6,150 Rupiahs


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb