Bali - Bukit Peninsula


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the 23rd of july we explored Bukit Peninsula. We started the day in Nusa Dua, which is a new, rich part of south bali. The most luxureous hotels and villas can be found here. Also, there are many watersport companies here that offer parasailing, glass bottom boat tours, diving, snorkeling, banana boat ride, flyboat,...
We took the glass bottom boat ride to turtle island where we were able to hold animals like bats, eagles, snakes, turtles,... I do feel sorry for the caged animals that need to deal with the many loud tourists every day.
Because of the strong wind the water was a bit unclear and we could not see the corals very well. Later i also had a try with a jetski. Jumping the waves is so exciting! There are no pictures of this because I was transported to an area with higher water and the family staid at the watersport company.
After this we headed on to balalan beach, a nice beach between the cliffs, a good surfing spot. The water was low at the moment and we did not see many surfers.
We also visited the famous uluwatu temple. This is a temple on the cliffs that houses lots of monkeys. They tend to snatch things of your body like sunglasses. This did not happen to us but we did see an asian women getting grabbed in the hair. 😊
During a nice sunset we enjoyed the balinese Kecak dance. A dance performed by 60 male singers together with storytelling by balinese icons. At the end there was a circle of fire which the monkey icon kicked out with his bare feat.
In Jimbaran we had a dinner on the beach, a perfect setting. The fish is fresh but more expensive here than other restaurants in Sanur. We ate lobster, baramundi, king prawns and squid. There was also a legong dance.

24 july was a calm day. We made a walk along the beach to the sanur kite festival. Thousands of balinese were there. Hundreds of teams competed for the most beautiful kite or stay in the air as high as possible with the huge kites. In the evening our driver, Gede, took us to a local pub for some pooling. The pool was outside and inside there is some sort of a disco, but with few english songs. We met lots of balinese which are very good company!






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb