The beaches in Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jim beachJim beachJim beach

Everyone on the beach seemed to have headed for one of the many resturants, leaving him all alone.
There are two main beaches in Bali. About a 10minute walk from our hotel was Kuta Beach. This was a favorite of the bloody Austrailians. Surf boards everywhere and as you would expect, lots of locals trying to sell you just about everything.
We went to the beach most days after we had finish sightseeing. On the road at the edge of the sand their was every type of fast food place you can think of. McDonalds, Pizza Hut. There was Even a hard rock cafe for crying out loud. The road to the hotel had small stalls everywhere making the pavements non existant. With the road being one way you think that it wouldn't have been a problem, however as with most place in Asia, the traffic doesnt follow the rules. You had to be on alert for the constant flow of moterbikes zooming past you the wrong way. I found the beach nice however and i did go into the water on occasion, though not always intentionally.
The other beach is called Jimbaron. We stopped there on our last day. Norman dropped us of there for dinner. The entire beach was covered in small resturants. As the dinner was included in the tour, we didnt have much choice. We were both given a whole fish with a selection of shellfish beside it. The meal itself was ok, just a little spicy for my tastes. While we were there, we saw the sunset. The view was splendid. It was also intersting watching all the fishermen appear at that point. They were heading out to their boats to go to sea and a few were standing on the sand with fishing rods. From the looks of things I'm amazed the men with the rods could catch anything. The water wasn't very deep and the tide seemed to bring in their line on sa regular basis.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb