Bali - Dreamlands and Uluwatu


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jimbaran BayJimbaran BayJimbaran Bay

amazing beach...not a sole on it!well apart from that one person in the photo

Surfs up!...



So we got our jeep yesterday!...been pulled over by the police already for not wearing my seat belt...they wanted 1 million rupiah!!!! (60 quid) I got away with paying them 3 quid...tip - when pulled over walk into police station in short skirt and bikini top ;-).

We drove down the coast to Dreamlands which is a very famous surf beach. They were shooting for a surf magazine when we got there...loads of girls screaming and jumping around everytime the surfer dudes pulled a trick on their board. We felt like we were on the middle of a film set!

We left Dreamlands for Uluwatu which is at the far South of the island...its a world reknown surf spot. Oh my god I have never seen such big waves!!!!! they just went on and on!! We couldn't get right close to the surfing as the waves were so big which was a shame as it was tonnes better than the pictures look. Uluwatu is tiny...its built on a cliff and there are loads of little surf bars where you can go up and have a beer and watch the sun do down....not to mention several hot surfer boys...

We went to watch a Balinese dance at Uluwatu temple in the evening....we thought it was only a 5 minute walk from our guesthouse...we ended up having to walk a good twenty mins in the middle of nowhere...walking back was fun in the pitch black!!! Think my Mom was a bit scared, especially when dogs start growling at us....ha!! we were fine though. The dance was good though, never seen anything quite like it before, they were all dressed up like monkeys and fat guys...was quite funny. Ended with this guy kicking loads of fire around...didn't quite make it to the actual temple as we were a bit late but got a good shot of it at sunset...see pics...




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

DreamlandsDreamlands
Dreamlands

Mom at Dreamlands...eyeing up the young surfers..
Dreamlands shootDreamlands shoot
Dreamlands shoot

filing of the surf video.
UluwatuUluwatu
Uluwatu

gutted these pics of Uluwatu turned out so crap!!
Dreamlands..Dreamlands..
Dreamlands..

from up in the cafe on the cliff..
Uluwatu TempleUluwatu Temple
Uluwatu Temple

Balinese Dance...oo chak chak..oo chak chak..


30th June 2007

Wow
Thes ones are even better hun! Cant wait to do i! The men sound great - yes nice that we get a change of scenery - the ladies are always so pretty - hha when do we get our turn heheh in Bali silly! Cant wait - Catch ya Laura and tanks

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb