Padang Padang Beach, Uluwatu, and Jimbaran Bay


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Uluwatu
June 30th 2011
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to just relax by the pool this morning and wait until the afternoon to head out on a little drive out of this part of Bali. We got some sun and then went to a little local restaurant by our hotel for lunch. Such good food!

Another couple from our hotel also wanted to head out so the driver from our hotel picked us all up at 2pm. Our driver, Robbie took us first to Padang Padang beach. It's a nice beach but to get to it from the parking lot we had to go down heaps of stairs and some of the stairs are built out of the rocks.

We spent about an hour and a half at the beach enjoying the sun, watching the surfers and the fishermen. We then decided to head to Uluwatu temple. It a temple built up on the cliffside overlooking the ocean. We had to pay a small fee to get in and because it's a temple we had to wear a sarong they wrapped around us. They also warned us not to take much stuff in with us and to keep our sunglasses safe as there are a ton of cheeky monkeys around waiting to grab things off unsuspecting tourists.

The monkeys were so cute. The temple was beautiful. The sun was getting low in the sky so we hopped back in the car to get to Jimbaran Bay for the sunset. Robbie took us to a restaurant right on the beach. It was such a beautiful spot to watch the sun set and have dinner. Jimbaran bay is the best spot on the island to get fresh seafood. But they did have options for us non-seafood eating people haha. There was a band coming around to all the tables to play a song of your choice and of course ask for money. They played a beatles song for us.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel as we booked ourselves on a cooking course in Ubud for the next day and we had to leave the hotel by 7:30am.




Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th July 2011

MONKEYS!!!! BEACHES!!!! FOOD!!!! How good does it get!!!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb