Kuta beach, drinks by a pool and some nightlife


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
June 29th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast the three of us headed down to Kuta beach also known as Double 6. The waves are really big here and there is only a small spot on the beach to swim at. There are heaps of people just waiting to sell you something, give you a massage, sell you a beach chair. It's not as relaxing as a beach should be!

So we walked down the beach from Legian to Kuta and then found a really nice hotel across from the beach. We lounged by the pool soaking up the sun and having a few drinks. I tried my first Bintang beer. The local beer here in Bali. It's actually really good and very cheap here. We hopped in the pool to cool off for a bit. After thst we walked into Kuta for some late lunch.

Headed back to our hotel later in the afternoon after looking around at some shops. We all relaxed for a bit before getting dressed up and heading over to Seminyak for dinner. We had wanted to go to a new bar called Potato Head. But as we got out of the taxi we discovered that is was 200,000 ruphias to get in as there was a band playing there that night. 200,000 ruphias is about $20. So we headed to another place in Seminyak instead.

Seminyak is the higher end and one of the more expensive part of Bali. So we decided to head over to Kuta for some cheaper drinks. We headed into The Bounty nightclub. This place is HUGE. There are a ton of different levels and parts of it are like a pirate ship. If you like to party then this is the place for you.

We danced the night away and had a good time. Not far from The Bounty is the site where the Bali bombings happened a few years earlier. There is a big memorial site set up with the names of all the people who were killed and what country they were from. The majority are Aussies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Mie GorengMie Goreng
Mie Goreng

My yummy lunch
HeheHehe
Hehe

So there are all kinds of carved penis' everywhere for sale. Random!


Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.2827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb