Sanur : 05/06 to 07/06: 3 days


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
June 15th 2012
Published: June 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

nice meal at warung moro sarengnice meal at warung moro sarengnice meal at warung moro sareng

look up at the price ! cheap n' delicious!
Upon arrival after queuing for immigration and pay 25$ each for a 30 days- visa in Indonesia, we jump into a taxi direction our homestay based in Sanur - 12 km from the airport and allowing us to have an easy access with the boat to Nusa Lembongan Island our next destination.

Sanur is less hectic than Kuta or Seminyak. Lots of big names of course like Hyatt or Mercure but it doesn't spoil the view.

We stayed in a nice and quiet guesthouse: Sunhouse. Fanny, our host has been very helpful. She gave us good advice on where to go for food in Sanur (warung moro seriang) and booked our boat for Nusa Lembongan. We started to learn some Bahanese / Indonesian words:

Good morning - Selamat pagi

Good day - selamat siang

Food afternoon - selamat sore

Good evening - selamat malam

Goodbye - selamat jalan

Thank you - terima kasih

it's nothing - sama sama

Yes - ya / no- tidak

I'm sorry - maaf

...

There is a lot of beach bars owned by locals trying to sell you snorkeling boat-trip, rent a bike scooters, sarang, etc…It can be a bit of a hassle sometimes as it is quite constant. Best thing is to ignore them and smile.

We rented bikes to cycle around Sanur and discovered an old place by the beach where tourist don't go as it has been left alone for sometimes now. It was in the past the resort and tourist area but due to big waves and poor investment it is now completely destroyed and un-exploitable. The seafront is used by the local kids.

The pathway along the beach is nice and allows a nice walk between resorts.

To visit the south of Bali we rented a scooter: Nusa Dua, Uluwatu (Dreambeach for surfers), Jimbaran, Balangen. The beaches and sunset are apparently beautiful.

We didn't see a lot of this instead it was private resort on private resort. Some big investors from Europe and Abu Dhabi are taking over the coast line. Mind though, the roads are nice to drive.

We came back through the rush of hours of Kuta and had to slalom between cars and others scooters. A bit scary! To avoid !

We visited the famous Temple with grey monkeys. A disappointment, as the site is nice but they use the monkeys as tourist attraction and feed them too much. Theses monkeys are fat! But the sunset from there is impressive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

dead zone -dead zone -
dead zone -

obviously not where tourist go!
pile of rubbish pile of rubbish
pile of rubbish

we saw a lot of this!
MonkeyMonkey
Monkey

Uluwatu Temple
MonkeysMonkeys
Monkeys

Uluwatu Temple
rubish everywhererubish everywhere
rubish everywhere

The big problem with Bali and other island is that people don't have a glue about recycling !


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb