North Bali Coastal Adventures


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Pemuteran
October 20th 2015
Published: August 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -8.12993, 114.623

North Bali was the next stop and we arrived from the Gilis to Amed. Amed looked like a nice little village but we went straight to Tulamben which is well known for a wreck dive site.
Tulamben is small and there is basically one road that connects the east to the west.
The roads were a lot quieter and the scenery is great with the volcanoes on one side and the sea on the other.
The wreck dive is impressive, many divers visit the spot. There are plenty of places to explore amongst the wreck and were lots of fish and even a turtle.
We then hired a car to the other side of the north coast which only took three hours in air con comfort. We arrived in Permeturan which is a place also well known for diving and snorkelling.
The main beach has four or five really nice but really expensive hotels where the beach is the backyard. Just across the main road we found a nice little guesthouse called Komang homestay which was considerably cheaper.
We endulged in some snorkeling, food and a massage.
A popular day trip is to Menjangan Island just to the west of Permuteran in a small national park area famous for diving and snorkelling. We went snorkelling and the clarity of the water was amazing. There were an abundance of fish with the backdrop of a few volcanoes.
This was our last stop before heading to Java and the last chance to enjoy the sea for a while and the North of Bali was a great place to visit. There was a different feel to it but a good feeling. It was a bit sad leaving Bali. A little island with so much to offer. Java was going to be a different story!


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb